Kakao Operation Policy
This Operation Policy defines the standards for the branded Kakao services provided by Kakao (each a “Service” and, collectively, the “Services”) and detailed rules that must be followed by our users in order to respond to any issues that may arise in the course of operating the Services in a consistent manner. We encourage you to read this Policy carefully to avoid any difficulties (or conflict) that could arise from non-compliance with this Policy.
We are always open to your feedback on keeping our Operation Policy fair and practical so that we can continue to improve our service-related policies. We will inform you of any changes to our policies in the Service notices at least 7 days before such changes take effect.
User Rights and Obligations
You can contact us through our website or by phone to make any inquiries, requests and suggestions related to the Services.
Online Customer Service: Available 24 hours a day
Customer Service Center: Monday-Friday from 10:00-19:00, closed on weekends and holidays
(Available 24 hours a day for emergency requests)
Kakao will not intervene or take action in connection with any disputes arising between users or any damages incurred due to negligence by users. However, if you have suffered any damages due to a breach of the Operation Policy by another customer during your use of the Services, you can report such breach to Kakao and request that appropriate action is taken according to the Operation Policy. In such a case, Kakao will review your report and take appropriate measures pursuant to the Operation Policy.
If you are not satisfied with the actions taken in accordance with the Operation Policy, you may raise an objection at any time by fair means through our customer service website or by phone.
You are not permitted to do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of Kakao Services and/or violate regulations. Any users who engage in activities that are covered below may be restricted temporarily or permanently from using the Services without any prior notice.
Restrictions on Use of the Services
- Promoting illegal gambling websites
- Selling or promoting illegal products or products that are banned from sale on the Internet
- Posting content that contains any information that motivates or assists illegal activities
- Posting content that contains programs with viruses or other malicious codes, which may hinder the use of the Services by others
- Attempting to steal personal information
- Sharing works of other people including broadcasts, music records, movies and animated films without the consent of authors
- Providing information on how to acquire works of others by unlawful means (e.g. free downloads, free servers and sharing of CD keys)
- Infringing on other people’s rights including trademark rights and design rights
- Using content posted by other people (in whole or in part) including photos and images without permission
- Signing up or using Services by stealing someone else’s personal information, account, or device
- Posting content that contains nudity or depict obscene behavior
- Posting content that pertains to prostitution
- Posting content that may sexually humiliate or offend others
- Posting gruesome or offensive photos or content (e.g. mauled bodies of people/animals or criminal scenes)
- Posting content that slanders people of any specific nationality, race, religion, ethnicity, gender or disability
- Posting abnormal content such as repetition of a specific work or phrase on a Service or on Services
- Engaging in promotional activities on others’ posts without permission, sending friend requests or liking posts to attract visits or likes
- Signing up or using Services for commercial gain, promotional or advertising purposes
- Signing up or using Services for malicious purposes such as taking advantage of systematic weakness
- Selling, transferring, or lending accounts or content within the account to someone else, or letting someone else use your account
- Attempting to exchange, purchase or transfer accounts and their content, or helping someone else do such activities
- Accessing an account belong to someone else and stealing their content
- Registering/unregistering of Services and creating multiple accounts
- Causing any harm or confusion to other users by impersonating a company employee or an administrator of the Services, thereby deceiving other users or deriving benefit
- Using any language that is generally considered profane such as swear words, vulgar words or slang expressions
- Doing anything that is considered abnormal when judged by common sense of the Company and its users or by social norms
- Unregistering from the Service after agreeing to the Company’s re-registration policy
: The user will not be able to re-register for the Service.
Restrictions on Posts
- The administrator will hide inappropriate posts from other users.
Restrictions on Services
- Users will be temporarily or permanently suspended from using the Service.
Restrictions on User Accounts
- The accounts of users will be restricted temporarily or permanently from using all of the Kakao Services.
- Users may be restricted from re-registering for some Services for a certain period of time.
Any users who engage in activities that are not covered above, but which may hinder us from providing good services may be restricted from using the Services pursuant to the Terms of Service of the Company, and repeated violations may be subject to severe penalties.
Regarding Inactive Accounts
In accordance with the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, Etc., Kakao may destroy or store your personal information separately and delete your account if inactive for the period mentioned below:
* KakaoTalk: Your personal information will be destroyed and your consent to the Terms of Service will be withdrawn after 1 year of inactivity.
* Kakao Account: Your personal information will be stored separately after 1 year of inactivity. If you are still inactive 4 years after your information has been placed separately, Kakao has the right to destroy your personal information and withdraw your consent to the Terms of Service.
The Operation Policies of YellowID and StoryChannel are not stated in this Kakao Operation Policy but you may view them from below.