My Kakao Account > You can check Terms and Conditions and Policies that are applicable for the Services in [My Kakao Account > Settings].My Kakao Account
- Terms of Service
- Terms and Conditions of
- Operation Policy
- Youth Protection Policy
- Rights Infringement
Amendments to Kakao Operation Policy2019-05-21
Greetings from Kakao!
We'd like to thank all members using Kakao Services and inform you of changes to our Service Operation Policy.
Please note the following changes to be made to avoid any inconvenience in using Kakao Services.
- Added provisions applicable to the comprehensive service and individual services provided by Kakao
- Clarified prohibited acts during account creation and service use.
- Clarified restrictions in account use and service use.
< Before Change >
< Before Change >
Kakao Operation Policy
This Operation Policy defines the standards
for the branded Kakao services provided by Kakao (each a “Service” and, collectively, the “Services”) and detailed rules that must be
followed by our users in order to respond to any issues that may arise in the
course of operating the Services in a consistent manner. We encourage you to
read this Policy carefully to avoid any difficulties (or conflict) that could
arise from non-compliance with this Policy.
User Rights and Obligations
You can contact us through our website or
by phone to make any inquiries, requests and suggestions related to the
1.Kakao will not intervene or take action in connection with any disputes arising between users or any damages incurred due to negligence by users. However, if you have suffered any damages due to a breach of the Operation Policy by another customer during your use of the Services, you can report such breach to Kakao and request that appropriate action is taken according to the Operation Policy. In such a case, Kakao will review your report and take appropriate measures pursuant to the Operation Policy.
2.If you are not satisfied with the actions taken in accordance with the Operation Policy, you may raise an objection at any time by fair means through our customer service website or by phone.
You are not permitted to do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of Kakao Services and/or violate regulations. Any users who engage in activities that are covered below may be restricted temporarily or permanently from using the Services without any prior notice.
Restrictions on Use of the Services
Promoting illegal gambling websites
Selling or promoting illegal products or products that are banned from sale on the Internet
Posting content that contains any information that motivates or assists illegal activities
Posting content that contains programs with viruses or other malicious codes, which may hinder the use of the Services by others
Attempting to steal personal information
Sharing works of other people including broadcasts, music records, movies and animated films without the consent of authors
Providing information on how to acquire works of others by unlawful means (e.g. free downloads, free servers and sharing of CD keys)
Infringing on other people’s rights including trademark rights and design rights
Using content posted by other people (in whole or in part) including photos and images without permission
Signing up or using Services by stealing someone else’s personal information, account, or device
Posting content that contains nudity or depict obscene behavior
Posting content that pertains to prostitution
Posting content that may sexually humiliate or offend others
Posting gruesome or offensive photos or content (e.g. mauled bodies of people/animals or criminal scenes)
Posting content that slanders people of any specific nationality, race, religion, ethnicity, gender or disability
Posting abnormal content such as repetition of a specific work or phrase on a Service or on Services
Engaging in promotional activities on others’ posts without permission, sending friend requests or liking posts to attract visits or likes
Signing up or using Services for commercial gain, promotional or advertising purposes
Signing up or using Services for malicious purposes such as taking advantage of systematic weakness
Selling, transferring, or lending accounts or content within the account to someone else, or letting someone else use your account
Attempting to exchange, purchase or transfer accounts and their content, or helping someone else do such activities
Accessing an account belong to someone else and stealing their content
Registering/unregistering of Services and creating multiple accounts
Causing any harm or confusion to other users by impersonating a company employee or an administrator of the Services, thereby deceiving other users or deriving benefit
Using any language that is generally considered profane such as swear words, vulgar words or slang expressions
Uploading a post that is deemed to be false among postings written in the form of articles by impersonating or hijacking the name or the position of a news agency.
Signing up or using Services for malicious purposes such as taking advantage of systematic weakness
Unregistering from the Service after agreeing to the Company’s re-registration policy
Restrictions on Posts
The administrator will hide inappropriate posts from other users.
Restrictions on Services
Users will be temporarily or permanently suspended from using the Service.
Restrictions on User Accounts
The accounts of users will be restricted temporarily or permanently from using all of the Kakao Services.
Users may be restricted from re-registering for some Services for a certain period of time.
Any users who engage in activities that are not covered above, but which may hinder us from providing good services may be restricted from using the Services pursuant to the Terms of Service of the Company, and repeated violations may be subject to severe penalties.
Kakao Service Inactive Account Policy (Service use of long-term inactive members)
In accordance with the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, Etc, personal information will be destroyed or stored safely if a member does not access the Service for a period as specified below, followed by the termination of the Terms of Service.
[Kakao Account Users]
If a member does not use his or her Kakao
Account in any Kakao Service for one year, personal information will be
stored safely and the account will be temporarily disabled.
[KakaoTalk users who do not have a Kakao Account]
If a member does not use the KakaoTalk service for a year, personal information within KakaoTalk will be destroyed and the KakaoTalk service will be terminated.
The Operation Policies of YellowID and StoryChannel are not stated in this Kakao Operation Policy but you may view them from below.
< After Change >
< After Change >
Kakao Operation Policy
1. Please read the following information carefully before using the Service.
This Operation Policy prescribes standards for service use and specific guidelines that users must abide by, in order that the Company can consistently correspond to problematic situations while operating Kakao Account Service and various Internet and mobile services provided by Kakao Corporation (hereinafter, the "Company"). Unless you comply with this Operation Policy, you may suffer disadvantages. The Company appreciates your taking time to read this Policy carefully.
Any term that is not defined herein shall be construed under the Kakao Comprehensive Terms of Service; provided that "Individual Service" refers to sub-services in a brand-level individual service such as Kakao, Daum, Melon, etc.
The Company is committed to exert its utmost efforts to improve service policies and to establish rational Operation Policy through continuously communicating with its users. Any modification hereof shall be notified no less than seven (7) days before its existence.
2. The Company applies this Operation Policy to provide better user experience.
The Company operates the Service under this Operation Policy to provide pleasant services. If any Member, during the service use, has been damaged by other Member's infringement against this Policy, he/she can request for policy application by reporting the aforementioned contravention to the Company, and the Company can take countermeasures hereunder after examining the reports. Furthermore, the Company can enforce restrictions against any activities prohibited herein or in breach of relevant laws and regulations or terms and conditions without any report from its users, provided that the Company shall not intervene or take measures to resolve conflicts between the Service users and/or damage caused by oneself.
If any restriction is imposed hereunder, the Company shall notify it via electric notes, email, etc. in the Service at the earliest convenience, provided that the foregoing shall not apply in case of urgent needs to protect other users, or impossibility to notify the aforementioned restriction.
Members can raise an appeal via Customer Center unless they are satisfied with the results for policy application, and the Company shall reply to whether to accept such appeal after reviewing it.
The Company is the member of the Korea Internet Self-governance Organization ("KISO') and complies with its policies and regulations to prevent and relieve damage of users caused by postings or search words. Any details about the foregoing compliance are posted in KISO Policies and Regulations.
Furthermore, the Company has implemented the Youth Policy to support the Youth to use a safe Service and to protect them from any harmful information in the Internet space where people of all ages can access unconstrainedly. Your attention and caring shall be called for to help the Youth grow into fully formed adults. Any details hereof are prescribed in Youth Policy
Any contents that are not prescribed in this Policy shall be subject to operation policies of Individual Services, provided that such Individual Service Policy shall override this Policy if the both overlap or come into a conflict. The primary operation polices for Individual Services are as follows, and other policies, if not listed below, can be referred to the Service page or menu of each Individual Service.
3. The following activities are prohibited:
Prohibited Acts in creating and using the Account
(1) Create, use and delete the Account and user ID (hereinafter collectively called, "Account") by entering false information, or appropriating or stealing other's personal information or device
(2) Create, use and delete the Account by a person under 14 years old without consent of legal representative
(3) Exploit vulnerability of System to promote commercial advertisements by creating, utilizing, and deleting the Account
(4) Access or utilize the Service in order to disrupt or destroy the normal operation of computer software, hardware, electronic communication devices, etc.
(5) Sell, transfer or lend his/her Account to others, and/or permit or attempt to permit use of the Account
(6) Attempt to purchase, obtain and/or exchange his/her Account to acquire other's Account, or arrange the foregoing act to another person
(7) Capture other's Account by fraud
(8) Massive or repeated creation, deletion and other acts similar thereto that cannot be considered the normal use of the Service
Activities prohibited in the Service Usea
(1) Promote illegal gambling websites
(2) Sell or promote illegal products or products that are banned from selling on the Internet
(3) Post any content that contains information motivating or assisting illegal activities
(4) Post any content that contains programs with viruses or malicious codes to hinder use of the Service by other person
(5) Aim to interfere or destroy the normal operation of computer software, hardware and electronic communication device
(6) Attempt to steal and disseminate personal information
(7) Share works of other people including broadcasts, music records, movies and animated films, photos, images, posting, etc. without consent of authors, or provide information or method that can be obtained via unlawful channels.
(8) Infringe other person's rights including trademark, design right, etc. without permission.
(9) Describe excessively lewd or exhibitionistic act to the Youth
(10) Post any content that pertains to prostitution
(11) Post any content that may sexually humiliate or offend others
(12) Post any content that slanders people of region, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, age, vocation, religion, etc.
(13) Aid and abet suicide or aim at commit mass suicide
(14) Repeatedly post the same content in the same Individual Service or diverse Individual Services
(15) Without permission of others concerned, register on or transmit to other's posting or online space commercial contents designed to attract visits or likes, or send a friend request or click a 'Like', utilizing vulnerability of system
(16) Cause damage or confusion to other users by appropriating the Service Name or personating officer or administrator of the Service to deceive other users or gain undue profits
(17) Use swear words, vulgar words or slang expressions, and conduct abnormal behavior against common sense and social norm
(18) Upload a posting that is deemed false among any postings that have form of articles with name or title of press company
(19) Disrupt the normal service operation including exploitation of the Service in a malicious way prohibited by the Company
4. Use of Account and Service may be restricted.
If your activities violate the relevant laws and regulations, terms and conditions, or operation policies, the Company shall be able to restrict your Kakao Account and your use of Services to protect other users. Please assure that if any activity that is not prescribed herein impedes on the provision of sound service environment or on the Service Use of other users, such activity shall be restricted hereunder.
The Service Use shall be restricted temporarily or permanently, depending on the accumulated number of violation; provided, however, that lewd postings, gambling promotions, emergent risk or any explicit unlawful activities required to be prohibited under the relevant laws and regulations shall be restricted permanently without delay, regardless of the accumulated number of violation.
Details about Account and Service restrictions are a follows:
Restrictions of Account Use
(1) If any contravention against relevant laws, regulation, Terms of Service, or Operation policy occurs during creation or use of the Account, creation, use and deletion of the Account may be restricted.
(2) If any abnormal attempt to create, use or withdraw the Account is detected, use and withdrawal of the Account can be restricted; creation of the Account can be prohibited to deter such abnormal activity; and/or other necessary measures can be taken to delete such Account and prohibit reentrance, etc.
(3) Restriction of Account use shall be phased in from a temporary restrictions to a permanent restrictions, provided that permanent restrictions can be imposed immediately in case of need.
(4) If any attempt to appropriate your Account by other person is detected, the Company may request additional entry of your Password and authentication procedure to prevent the foregoing appropriation.
(5) To prevent others from using your Account without your permission, Password should be periodically changed to keep others from knowing it easily. The Company shall assume no responsibility for any unfortunate disadvantage caused by your negligent password maintenance.
Restrictions of Service Use
(1) If any contravention against the relevant laws, regulations, terms of services or Operation Policy is detected during the use of Individual Service, such use of Individual Service can be restricted. provided, however, that the entire use of Comprehensive Service can be limited temporarily or permanently to protect other users in case of explicit tort prohibited under the relevant laws and regulations, or emergency risk or damage prevention concerned. provided, however, that the entire use of services associated with Kakao Brand can be restricted temporarily or permanently for a user who has not agreed to Kakao Comprehensive Terms of Service.
(2) If any contravention is detected, the Company can limit exposure of, or delete postings to prevent them from being seen by other users. Furthermore, all or part of the Service Use can be restricted to prevent continuous contraventions, including restriction of writing feature.
(3) Restriction of service use shall be phased in from a temporary restrictions to a permanent restrictions, provided that permanent restrictions can be imposed immediately in case of need.
5. Inactive Account Policy (Guidelines for long-term inactive member's Service use)
Unless the Service has been accessed for the following period of time under the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc., the Service Agreement thereof shall be terminated after personal information was destroyed or separately stored.
Kakao Account User
(1) i) Unless a Member uses his/her Kakao Account in any of Individual Services that constitute the Comprehensive Service for one (1) year, ii) unless any user who has not agreed to the Kakao Comprehensive Terms of Service uses his/her Kakao Account in any service associated with Kakao Brand, his/her Kakao Account shall be inactive and any information therein shall be stored separately.
(2) Unless the aforementioned member logs into for four (4) years thereafter, his/her personal information shall be destroyed and the relevant account shall be deleted.
(3) Provided that any personal information in the KakaoTalk Service shall be destroyed, and the Service shall be terminated thereby in case of conversion to Inactive Account.
KakaoTalk users who have no Kakao Account
(1) If a member does not use the KakaoTalk service for one (1) year, his/her personal information within KakaoTalk Service shall be destroyed, and the KakaoTalk Service will be terminated thereby.
③ Differences between Inactive Account Policy set forth herein and inactive account policy stipulated in each Individual Service are listed as follows. In such event, the Latter shall override the Former.
2. Effective Date
The amended Operation Policy will take effect as of June 11, 2019.