Kakao Account Terms and Conditions
My Kakao Account > You can check Terms and Conditions and Policies that are applicable for the Services in [My Kakao Account > Settings].My Kakao Account
- Terms of Service
- Terms and Conditions of
- Operation Policy
Chapter 1. Welcome!Article 1. Purpose
- ①This Terms and Conditions shall be posted in the relevant pages of Kakao Account Website or Individual Services, and shall enter into force between the Parties that have consented hereto.
- ②The Company, if deemed necessary, can modify this Terms and Conditions within the scope not contravening the relevant laws and regulations. In such case, the amended contents shall be announced or notified by the Company at least fifteen (15) days prior to the effective date. If the foregoing modification unavoidably operates to your disadvantage, the Company shall individually transmit the notice thereon, at least thirty (30) days prior to the effective date, to your email address via email or to your mobile phone number via KakaoTalk or text messages (unless you have any email address, other electronic methods including electronic notice or pop-up message in the Service shall be applied.)
- ③Unless you explicitly refuse to accept the aforementioned modification within a set period, from the date of announcement or notification hereby to seven (7) days after the effective date, the Company shall presume your consent thereto. Unless you agree to the revised Terms and Conditions, you may terminate the Service Agreement at any time.
Any matters that are not prescribed in this Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the relevant laws and regulations, Terms of Service of Individual Services, and Operation Policies and Rules set forth by the Company (hereinafter, the "Guiding Principles").Article 4. Definition of Terms
①The Terms herein shall be defined as follows:
- 1."Kakao Account" refers to the Company's Login Account Policy that allows users to manage with a single login account and password, verification of user identity, modification of his/her personal information, and sign-up and withdrawal for membership in the Individual Services provided by the Company or its Partners.
- 2."Member" refers to a person who uses Kakao Account, after having agreed to this Terms and Conditions in the Individual Services associated with Kakao Account or on the Kakao Account Website.
- 3."Partners" refer to any corporation that has entered into partnership with the Company to jointly provide Kakao Account. The list of Partners is published on the Kakao Corporation Website. In case of inclusion or modification of Partner information, such change shall be published on the Kakao Corporation Website.
- 4."Individual Service" refers to any accessible service via Kakao Account provided by the Company or Partners. Individual Service may be further added or modified, and such change shall be posted on the Kakao Corporation Website.
- 5."Kakao Account Website" refers to the Internet site where any Kakao member can check and/or modify his/her account information online.
- 6."Kakao Account Information" refers to any required or optional information set by the Company. Kakao Account Information means any member information that can be checked, modified and managed in the account settings page of Kakao Account Website or Individual Services.
Chapter 2. Kakao Account Service AgreementArticle 5. Formation of Agreement
- ①Users can sign up for Kakao Account by entering a certain information in the Account Information page of Kakao Account Website or Individual Service.
- ②The Kakao Account Service Agreement shall come into effect after the Company verifies the information entered by a user who has agreed to this Terms and Conditions and then filed an application as prescribed in the Article 1. hereof.
- ①Any applicant pursuant to the Article 5 shall be permitted in principle to use the Kakao Account by the Company; Provided, however, that the Company may withhold or refuse its approval on use of the Kakao Account, if a case falls under any of the following subparagraphs. In particular, any user aged under 14 years can create his/her Kakao Account only with consent of a legal representative (ex. parents)
- 1.Provided that the Company has deleted your Kakao Account under this Terms and Conditions or Guiding Principles
- 2.Provided that you have attempted to create a Kakao Account by using a third party’s name, email address or personal information
- 3.Provided that you enter no required information, or false information in the process of creating a Kakao Account
- 4.Provided that there is no sufficient capacity to provide the Service
- 5.Provided that any technical issue is detected in providing the Service
- 6.Provided that the Company admits the financial or technical needs thereof
- 7.Provided that any member whose qualification has been suspended attempts to arbitrarily terminate and re-enter the Service Agreement within the period of such regulatory measures
- 8.Provided that any attempt to contravene the relevant laws and regulations or Guiding Principles set forth by the Company occurs
- ②Provided that you turn out to have created a Kakao Account thereagainst, the Company may impose proper restrictions by immediately suspending the use of, or deleting your Kakao Account.
Chapter 3. Use of the Kakao AccountArticle 7. Provision of the Kakao Account
- ①The Service herein provided in association with Individual Service (hereinafter, the "Kakao Account Service" or the "Service") is defined as follows:
- 1."Comprehensive Login" refers to the integrated Authentication Service that Members can log into any Individual Service connected to the Kakao Account via a single username and password.
- 2.SSO (Single Sign On): Once a user logs into the Kakao Account via web browser or specific mobile devices, he/she can access to Individual Service associated with the Kakao Account without additional logins.
- 3.Integrated Management of Kakao Account Information: The Company shall manage the Kakao Account Information in association with other Individual Services. Depending on the type of Individual Services, the Members can request for real name or identity verification via a specialized agency and save such results as the Kakao Account Information.
- 4.Other Services Provided by the Company
- ②To provide better Kakao Account Service, the Company may display in the Service Page or send out via email various information including notices, admin messages and other advertisements regarding use of the Service, provided, however, that commercial information shall be transmitted only with a user's prior consent to reception.
①The Company exerts every effort in providing the Service 24/7/365. If a case falls under any of the following subparagraphs, all or part of the Service shall be restricted or suspended by the Company.
- 1.Regular or provisional check for equipment maintenance of the Kakao Account Service
- 2.Service disruption due to blackout, equipment failure, or traffic overload
- 3.Any case that the Company can no longer maintain the Kakao Account Service due to changes in circumstance including termination of Partnership Agreement, the government order/restriction, etc.
- 4.Natural disaster, national emergency, or other force majeure events
- ②Service suspension due to any of the foregoing causes shall be notified or announced in the method prescribed in the Article 12, provided that any cause that the Company is unable to predict or control (ex. Disc/server failure or system down without the Company's negligence) shall make an exception of prior notification or announcement herein. However, even for such exceptional cause, the Company shall exert its utmost effort to recover the Service at the earliest possible time.
- ③Modification or termination of the Service shall be individually notified via email to a registered email address, or via KakaoTalk message or text message to a registered mobile phone number. (If a user registered no email address, the aforementioned notification shall be announced via electronic note or pop-up message in the Service.)
- ①The Kakao Account shall be used only by its holder, and any access by other person must be banned. The Member shall manage his/her password in person to allow no one to appropriate his/her Kakao Account. The Company may require both password and additional verification to prevent abuse of the Kakao Account by other person. In case of the foregoing appropriation, please report it via the Customer Center. The Company exerts its utmost effort to inform how to prevent such appropriation.
- ②The Members can view and modify their information in the page of Account Settings on the Kakao Account website or in the Individual Services. However, you may not be able to change some information including Kakao Account, phone number, unique device identifiers and other user identification information require to provide and manage the Kakao Account Service. In case of such modification, an additional user identification may be required. If you wish to update any information you entered at the time of sign-up, you can modify it in person or contact us via email or Customer Service.
- ③The Company takes no responsibility for any loss attributable to your negligence in timely updating the Kakao Account Information.
Chapter 4. Obligation of Contracting PartiesArticle 10. Obligation of the Members
- ①The Members must perform none of the following activities in use of the Service.
- 1.Enter false fact while applying or modifying the Service Use; appropriate or unjustifiably use other Member's Kakao Account and Password; use other's name; or conduct SMS verification without consent of a registered person
- 2.Defame or injure other's reputation
- 3.Upload lewd materials on the bulletin board and/or connect (link) harmful sites
- 4.Violate other rights of the Company or a third party including copyright
- 5.Disseminate to others any information, sentence, figure, or voice against public order and/or good morals and manners
- 6.Register or circulate computer viruses to cause malfunction of equipment, and/or destroy and disrupt information related to the Kakao Account Service
- 7.Transmit any information, in bad faith, that can interfere or impede a stable Service operation, or any commercial information or Spam Mails against recipient's explicit refusal of reception
- 8.Copy, alter, distribute, sell, transfer, lend, secure or allow others to use the Service or part of software thereof without the Company's consent; and/or copy, disassemble, imitate or transform the Service including reverse-engineering of software or any attempt to extract source code
- 9.Personate a false identity of other person and/or misrepresent the relationship with other person
- 10.Collect, store and/or disclose other Member's personal information
- 11.Circulate false information to provide oneself or others with proprietary benefits, or to damage others
- 12.Circulate any information to arrange prostitution or mediate lewd acts
- 13.Interfere other's daily life by having utterance, sound, writing or video clip that arouses shame, revulsion or fear continuously reached to the aforementioned other person
- 14.Transmit or publish any information (including computer program) prohibited by the relevant laws and regulations
- 15.Upload a post, or transmit email or KakaoTalk message by disguising or personating any officer or administrator of the Company or Partners, or appropriating other's name
- 16.Post any material that contains software virus, other computer code, file or program designed to disrupt or destroy normal operation of computer software, hardware, and electronic communication devices; and/or transmit the foregoing via email or KakaoTalk message
- 17.Other Illegal Act
- ②Members shall neither transfer nor grant their rights to use and legal status hereby, nor impignorate the foregoing rights and status.
- ③Unless a Member abides by the relevant laws and regulations, and all sorts of Terms and Conditions or Policies of the Company, his/her contravention may be investigated; his/her use of the Service may be temporarily or continuously suspended; or his/her resubscription may be restricted by the Company.
- ④Members can refer to Kakao Operation Policy for any matters prescribed herein and/or other details about use of the Service.
Communication with the Members is most valued by the Company. The Members can visit Customer Center and raise their opinions at any time. Notification for all Members shall come into force by being posted in the Service Notification for no less than seven (7) days. Any notification that may gravely affect your conditions shall be individually sent to your registered email address via email, or to your registered mobile phone number via KakaoTalk message or text message. (Unless any email address has been registered, other electronic methods including electronic note or pop-up message in the Service will be applied.)
Chapter 5. Termination of the ServiceArticle 13. Termination of the Service
- ①The Members can apply for the termination of the Service Agreement at any time in use of the menu provided in the Services. The Company will take actions accordingly in a swift manner as prescribed under the relevant laws and regulations.
- ②Provided that there exists no record of signing into or accessing the Service for a certain period of time stipulated in the relevant laws and regulations, the Company may discard or separately store the Member's information after notifying such measures to a registered email address or mobile phone number via email, SMS, KakaoTalk message or any other valid methods. If any essential information to activate the Kakao Account Service lacks thereby, this Service Agreement may be terminated. For further information, please refer to the provision of Inactive Services in the Kakao Operation Policy.
- ④The Members can attempt to re-enter into the Service Agreement, even after termination of the Agreement.
- ①With regard to the Service, the Company must not assure or guarantee any specific matters that are not prescribed in this Terms and Conditions within the scope permitted under the relevant laws and regulations. The Company shall provide no warranty on credibility and accuracy of information, data and fact posted in the Service in a way that the Contents Provider (CP) offer or the Member write, and shall take no responsibility for any loss occurred without the Company's negligence.
- ②The Company will compensate for any loss caused by its negligence under this Terms and Conditions and the relevant laws and regulations; provided, however, that the Company shall take no responsibility for any loss occurred without its negligence as prescribed in the following subparagraphs. Furthermore, the Company shall take no liability for indirect, particular, consequential, disciplinary and punitive loss.
- 1.Any loss occurred in an uncontrollable state including natural disaster or equivalent force majeure
- 2.Service error due to reasons attributable to the Members
- 3.Personal loss arising from access to or use of the Service
- 4.Any loss originated from illegal access to or use of the Company's Server by a third party
- 5.Any loss originated from impeded transmission to or from the Company's Server by a third party
- 6.Any loss originated from transmission or spread of malware by a third party
- 7.Any loss arising from use of the Service by a third party including damage or defamation caused by omission, deletion, destruction, etc. of transmitted data
- 8.Any other loss arising from acts of the Company that are not intentional or negligent
This Terms and Conditions or the Service shall be stipulated and executed under the laws and regulations of the Republic of Korea. In case of any disputes arising out of or related to use of the Service between the Parties concerned, the Company shall faithfully consult with the other Party hereto to resolve such issues. Unless the foregoing conflicts are settled, the Company may file a lawsuit to a competent court under the Civil Procedure Act.
- Notification Date: June 11, 2019
- Enforcement Date: June 11, 2019