My Kakao Account > You can check Terms and Conditions and Policies that are applicable for the Services in [My Kakao Account > Settings].My Kakao Account
- Terms of Service
- Location Terms of Service
- Operation Policy
- Youth Protection Policy
- Rights Infringement
Rights Infringement Notice
Please report damage caused by a posting that infringes on privacy, fame, and/or copyright.
- 1.Upon a take-down, the publisher of the allegedly infringing posting shall be notified of the requestor's name and filing reason (ex. copyright infringement/defamation).
- 2.In the case of a take-down due to copyright infringement, restoring a posting can be justifiable only when the publisher can prove himself/herself to be a copyright holder or rightful person.
- 3.In the case of a take-down due to copyright infringement, Kakao shall restore a posting on the due date after notifying it to the requester (seven(7) days after the receipt of restoration request) pursuant to Article 103 (3) of the Copyright Act and Article 47 of the Enforcement Decree of the Act.
- 4.In the case of a take-down due to defamation, Kakao shall proceed with the restoration process after reviewing the required formalities, such as content for and vindication of restoration. Any results thereby shall be notified to the delisting requestor that initiated the foregoing process.
- 5.Restored content shall not be subject to appeal to another take-down, and proceedings thereafter shall be resolved through consultations between the Parties, deliberation of relevant administrative bodies, or court decisions.
Subject to report and documentary evidence
Rights infringement notice requires specific information on where such infringing posting appears. Please submit necessary documents to Kakao Customer Service after filing a report via the relevant service app where the infringing posting is being serviced. The remedy process for any unfiled postings may be delayed.
|Upon reporting defamation and personal information infringement
|Upon reporting copyright infringement
In the case of indicating facts or false information to slander any persons or organizations such as the reproduction of false rumors or canards and the infringement of privacy. Cyber sexual violence, infringement of personal information, and cyber-stalking Documentary evidence
Use of copyrighted work by other persons without explicit consent from the copyright holder. Publication of all or part of such work by other persons without explicit consent from the copyright holder Documentary evidence
Subject to report and documentary evidence
|Upon requesting vindication for defamation and personal information infringement
|Upon requesting vindication for copyright infringement
Requesting vindication shall be available only within thirty(30) days from the day when the relevant posting is delisted. Please make sure to submit the following documentary evidence upon request. Documentary evidence
You shall be able to request the reinstatement of a suspended posting by vindicating the right to use copyrighted works. Please submit the following documentary evidence upon request. Documentary evidence
Infringement notice of the right to news service
24Hour New Center
News Service operates 24-Hour News Center to respond promptly to misinformation, defamation, disclosure of personal information, and copyright infringement. Please pay much attention to and make good use of it to prevent bona fide damages caused by falsely spread information and to forge a useful and trusted forum for public opinions.
- Operation Hours : All Year Round (24/7)
- Phone : 1577-3357 (Charged)
- FAX : 02-2088-3355 (Charged)
Edit and delete articles
For copyright protection, the company may modify or delete articles only at the request of a content provider. Please contact the corresponding media for the correction and deletion of individual items and the submission of comments thereon. Articles, modified or deleted from the news service at the request of the provider, are usually excluded from the search within 10 minutes.
Request correction/objection/ex posto facto report
Under the revised Media Arbitration Act taking effect on August 7, 2009, victims of media coverage may request corrections/ objections/ex post facto reports on the corresponding articles.
Provided, however, that you shall be unable to claim if it passed more than three(3) months after you knew about the news release, or six(6) months from the release day. Even with a rejection of the requested correction/objection/ex post facto report, you shall be able to apply for Press Conciliation or Arbitration or file a lawsuit.
Apply for Press Conciliation or Arbitration
Under the revised Media Arbitration Act taking effective August 7, 2009, any persons who have been affected by media coverage may apply for conciliation and arbitration to the Media Arbitration Committee.
Request for blocking access to infringed posting
Users shall be able to request for blocking other person's access to the infringed posting of their own and search history thereof.
- 1Any person who intends to request for blocking access to his/her infringed posting shall try to first remove such posting on his/her own. If it is unable to remove the aforementioned posting for himself due to the withdrawal from membership or community, he/she can file a request for blocking access to infringed posting.
- 2Requirements such as infringed posting, the corresponding URL, a request form, and documentary evidence shall be reviewed thereafter.
- 3Upon a request for blocking access to infringed posting, such posting and search history shall be permanently deleted and cannot be restored. However, search history can be generated after being collected again by Crawler, a search robot. The settlement of the requested blocking shall be notified to the requestor via e-mail.
What is the right to request for blocking access to infringed posting?
It refers to the right to request for blocking access to infringed posting posted by a User according to the right of self-determination, the pursuit of happiness and secret and freedom of privacy under the Constitution, as well as responsibilities of the information and communication service providers under the ICT.
Requested list of blocking access to infringed postings
- 1.In the case of a posting that cannot be removed by the User due to deletion of member information by membership withdrawal
- 2.In the case of a posting that cannot be removed by the User due to the withdrawal of community services
- 3.In the case of a request by an appointed proxy or family of the deceased entrusted the exercise of the right above by the deceased
- 4.If a bulletin board operator ceased to manage his/her site due to the closure of the business (Request to block access in the way of delisting from search history)
- 1.If you falsely request for blocking access to someone else's posting by unfair means, you may be subject to civil and criminal liabilities under the applicable laws and regulations.
- 2.The list for blocking access requested by the User includes postings, photos, videos, and other equivalents that the User has posted via the information and communication network. However, any private posting, not a mail or press article, that can be viewed by the Publisher shall not be included on the list herein.
- 3.If the User lost his/her account information and is unable to delete the infringed posting, please go to Kakao Account Finder / Reset Password.
- 4.If a proxy or family of the deceased entrusted by the deceased in his/her lifetime requests for blocking access to infringed postings, such proxy or family of the deceased must submit documentary evidence to prove whether his/her relationship with the deceased is authentic, and/or whether the requested object was posted by the deceased, such as certificate of death, proxy appointment form, or family relationship certificate. In such a case, a family of the deceased shall be limited to the spouse and direct descendant. However, if there is no spouse nor direct descendant, any surviving sibling shall become the family of the deceased. If there are two or more surviving family members in the same rank, the right to request shall be claimed by the universal consent of all surviving family members.
- 5.If a bulletin board administrator does not block access due to special reasons such as discontinuation of the site management (or business closure by the administrator), the requestor shall be able to file a take-down notice to block access to search history by attaching documentary evidence (such as confirmation materials of business closure from IRS website).
6.For any of the following occasions, the Company may be able to reject a request for blocking access by a requestor.
- - When a requestor can remove the relevant infringed posting by himself/herself
- - If the allegedly infringing posting does not fall under the List for Blocking Access objects, or if a request is falsely made toward other person's posting by unfair means
- - If the requested posting is subject to an order for blocking or deletion by other applicable laws and regulations and the bulletin board administrator thereby holds the responsibility of retaining such requested posting.
- - If the requested posting is closely related to the public interest(if any posting by a public official in political service is concerned about his/her public tasks, if a posting by a public officer or any person concerned in the Media is subject to public interest since it deals with a job he/she is managing.)
Documentary evidence required
In order to request for blocking access to an infringed posting, it is necessary to submit accurate location information of the requested posting. After filing a take-down notice in the serviced application, please fill in the necessary form and send it to Kakao Customer Service. The remedy procedure may be delayed for the postings that have not been filed for a take-down notice.
If an infringed person makes a request
If an appointed proxy makes a request