Kakao Account Terms and Conditions
My Kakao Account > You can check Terms and Conditions and Policies that are applicable for the Services in [My Kakao Account > Settings].My Kakao Account
- Terms of Service
- Terms and Conditions of
- Operation Policy
- Youth Protection Policy
- Rights Infringement
Chapter 1. Welcome!Article 1. Purpose
- ①This Terms and Conditions shall be posted in the relevant pages of Kakao Account Website or Individual Services, and shall enter into force between the Parties that have consented hereto.
- ②The Company, if deemed necessary, can modify this Terms and Conditions within the scope not contravening the relevant laws and regulations. In such case, the amended contents shall be announced or notified by the Company at least fifteen (15) days prior to the effective date. If the foregoing modification unavoidably operates to your disadvantage, the Company shall individually transmit the notice thereon, at least thirty (30) days prior to the effective date, to your email address via email or to your mobile phone number via KakaoTalk or text messages (unless you have any email address, other electronic methods including electronic notice or pop-up message in the Service shall be applied.)
- ③Unless you explicitly refuse to accept the aforementioned modification within a set period, from the date of announcement or notification hereby to seven (7) days after the effective date, the Company shall presume your consent thereto. Unless you agree to the revised Terms and Conditions, you may terminate the Service Agreement at any time.
Any matters that are not prescribed in this Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the relevant laws and regulations, Terms of Service of Individual Services, and Operation Policies and Rules set forth by the Company (hereinafter, the "Guiding Principles").Article 4. Definition of Terms
①The Terms herein shall be defined as follows:
- 1."Kakao Account" refers to the Company's Login Account Policy that allows users to manage with a single login account and password, verification of user identity, modification of his/her personal information, and sign-up and withdrawal for membership in the Individual Services provided by the Company or its Partners.
- 2."Member" refers to a person who uses Kakao Account, after having agreed to this Terms and Conditions in the Individual Services associated with Kakao Account or on the Kakao Account Website.
- 3."Partners" refer to any corporation that has entered into partnership with the Company to jointly provide Kakao Account. The list of Partners is published on the Kakao Corporation Website. In case of inclusion or modification of Partner information, such change shall be published on the Kakao Corporation Website.
- 4."Individual Service" refers to any accessible service via Kakao Account provided by the Company or Partners. Individual Service may be further added or modified, and such change shall be posted on the Kakao Corporation Website.
- 5."Kakao Account Website" refers to the Internet site where any Kakao member can check and/or modify his/her account information online.
- 6."Kakao Account Information" refers to any required or optional information set by the Company. Kakao Account Information means any member information that can be checked, modified and managed in the account settings page of Kakao Account Website or Individual Services.
- 7.KakaoCon refers to loyalty programs rewarded by the Company during members' use of individual services. Members can use KakaoCon following the methods established by the Company.
- 8."Certificate" refers to electronic information that confirms and proves the fact that digital signature generation information issued through the Company's authentication service belongs to the relevant member only.
- 9."Digital signatures" refer to information in electronic form attached to or logically combined with an electronic document to verify the signer's identity and indicate that the signer has signed thereon.
- 10."Digital Signature Generation Information" refers to electronic information used to generate electronic signatures.
- 11."Certified Member" refers to a member whose digital signature generation information has been authenticated by the Company.
- 12."User Organization" refers to a third party that wishes to use authentication service for transactions or the like based on a certified member's digital signature and certificate.
Chapter 2. Kakao Account Service AgreementArticle 5. Formation of Agreement
- ①Users can sign up for Kakao Account by entering a certain information in the Account Information page of Kakao Account Website or Individual Service.
- ②The Kakao Account Service Agreement shall come into effect after the Company verifies the information entered by a user who has agreed to this Terms and Conditions and then filed an application as prescribed in the Article 1. hereof.
- ①Any applicant pursuant to the Article 5 shall be permitted in principle to use the Kakao Account by the Company; Provided, however, that the Company may withhold or refuse its approval on use of the Kakao Account, if a case falls under any of the following subparagraphs. In particular, any user aged under 14 years can create his/her Kakao Account only with consent of a legal representative (ex. parents)
- 1.Provided that the Company has deleted your Kakao Account under this Terms and Conditions or Guiding Principles
- 2.Provided that you have attempted to create a Kakao Account by using a third party’s name, email address or personal information
- 3.Provided that you enter no required information, or false information in the process of creating a Kakao Account
- 4.Provided that there is no sufficient capacity to provide the Service
- 5.Provided that any technical issue is detected in providing the Service
- 6.Provided that the Company admits the financial or technical needs thereof
- 7.Provided that any member whose qualification has been suspended attempts to arbitrarily terminate and re-enter the Service Agreement within the period of such regulatory measures
- 8.Provided that any attempt to contravene the relevant laws and regulations or Guiding Principles set forth by the Company occurs
- ②Provided that you turn out to have created a Kakao Account thereagainst, the Company may impose proper restrictions by immediately suspending the use of, or deleting your Kakao Account.
Chapter 3. Use of the Kakao AccountArticle 7. Provision of the Kakao Account
- ①The Service herein provided in association with Individual Service (hereinafter, the "Kakao Account Service" or the "Service") is defined as follows:
- 1."Comprehensive Login" refers to the integrated Authentication Service that Members can log into any Individual Service connected to the Kakao Account via a single username and password.
- 2.SSO (Single Sign On): Once a user logs into the Kakao Account via web browser or specific mobile devices, he/she can access to Individual Service associated with the Kakao Account without additional logins.
- 3.Integrated Management of Kakao Account Information: The Company shall manage the Kakao Account Information in association with other Individual Services. Depending on the type of Individual Services, the Members can request for real name or identity verification via a specialized agency and save such results as the Kakao Account Information.
- 4."Authentication Service" refers to any and all services that utilize digital signatures and certificates provided by the Company.
- 5.Other Services Provided by the Company
- ②To provide better Kakao Account Service, the Company may display in the Service Page or send out via email various information including notices, admin messages and other advertisements regarding use of the Service, provided, however, that commercial information shall be transmitted only with a user's prior consent to reception.
①The Company exerts every effort in providing the Service 24/7/365. If a case falls under any of the following subparagraphs, all or part of the Service shall be restricted or suspended by the Company.
- 1.Regular or provisional check for equipment maintenance of the Kakao Account Service
- 2.Service disruption due to blackout, equipment failure, or traffic overload
- 3.Any case that the Company can no longer maintain the Kakao Account Service due to changes in circumstance including termination of Partnership Agreement, the government order/restriction, changes in the Service/Member policies etc.
- 4.Natural disaster, national emergency, or other force majeure events
- ②Suspension of the Kakao Account Service that is due to any of the foregoing reasons shall be notified or announced in the method prescribed in Article 14. Repeated logins and/or additional consent from users may be required when using Services in order to modify Services or policies seamlessly. However, prior notifications and announcements cannot be provided if the Service is suspended for reasons the Company is unable to predict or control (ex. Disc, server or system failure that is not due to the Company's negligence). However, the Company shall still make its utmost effort to immediately restore the Service once the cause is identified. If Service restoration is delayed for more than two (2) hours, such delay shall be alerted through Kakao Services' Notice and Kakao Customer Support Notice sections.
- ①The Kakao Account shall be used only by its holder, and any access by other person must be banned. The Member shall manage his/her password in person to allow no one to appropriate his/her Kakao Account. The Company may require both password and additional verification to prevent abuse of the Kakao Account by other person. In case of the foregoing appropriation, please report it via the Customer Center. The Company exerts its utmost effort to inform how to prevent such appropriation.
- ②The Members can view and modify their information in the page of Account Settings on the Kakao Account website or in the Individual Services. However, you may not be able to change some information including Kakao Account, phone number, unique device identifiers and other user identification information require to provide and manage the Kakao Account Service. In case of such modification, an additional user identification may be required. If you wish to update any information you entered at the time of sign-up, you can modify it in person or contact us via email or Customer Service.
- ③The Company takes no responsibility for any loss attributable to your negligence in timely updating the Kakao Account Information.
- ①If you fulfill the conditions proposed by Kakao while using particular services via your Kakao Account, Kakao may reward KakaoCon to your Kakao Account according to the established policy.
- ②You can enjoy Kakao services and programs using KakaoCon based on conditions and procedures set by Kakao. However, Kakao shall not guarantee or assume liability for the safety and legitimacy of any service provided by partners or third parties other than Kakao. The burden of risk thereon shall be in principle carried by a user who has agreed to the use of such service.
- ③Kakao services and benefits usable via KakaoCon may be subject to frequent changes depending on Kakao's policy and partnership with third parties. Kakao shall not guarantee the permanent usability of KakaoCon.
- ④KakaoCon has no value of property; Kakao shall not provide an exchange or refund in cash for KakaoCon, and you shall be unable to perform any act of money exchanges or paid transactions.
- ⑤Kakao may, if necessary, take a certain measure according to its policy to operate individual services and support effective use of KakaoCon, such as adjustment, restriction or extinction of part or all of KakaoCon.
- ⑥Apart from the provisions set forth in this Article, any details on the provision and use of KakaoCon shall be governed by the Operation Policy separately set by Kakao, and Kakao shall guide you through the Customer Center Help page.
- ①The Company issues digital signature generation information and certificates and provides various services utilizing such digital signatures and certificates to certified members as below. In this case, the Company may add categories and types of authentication service if necessary or provide additional services separately.
- 1.Digital signature generation information and certificate issuance
- 2.Various services utilizing digital signatures and certificates
- 3.Simple authentication for user organization login and identity verification
- 4.Other services specified in the relevant operation rules for digital signature authentication
- ②Members must subscribe to the authentication service by providing only accurate information based on the method set by the Company and shall be converted to certified members upon receiving the certificate. The certificate is issued to only one device per KakaoAccount holder. If a certified member reissues the certificate on another device or another KakaoAccount, the previously issued certificate shall be automatically revoked.
- ③Certified members shall use the authentication service according to the methods set forth by the Company; safely manage their digital signature generation information, certificates, and other related information; and ensure that information provided to the Company or contained in the certificate is accurately and wholly maintained during the usage period. In the meantime, certified members shall be unable to transfer, donate, sell, or license their digital signature generation information and certificates. Moreover, if they perceive a loss, damage, theft or leakage, or any such risk, they must inform the Company of the fact.
- ④The Company may restrict the application and issuance of a certificate or cancel the issued certificate without a certified member's consent for any of the following cases:
- 1.Where an incompetent person under the adult guardianship or quasi-incompetent person under the limited guardianship sign up for the service without the consent from his/her legal representative;
- 2.Where the application content is determined to be false such as an application under other's name, surreptitious use of others, or the like;
- 3.Where the authentication process suggested by the Company was not completed, or the authentication service subscription was made through abnormal system access not determined by the Company;
- 4.Where a member whose service use contract was terminated due to suspension of use by the Company, violation of relevant laws or this Agreement, or the like, applies for re-use;
- 5.Where it is difficult to issue a certificate due to other reasons attributable to members or incompletion of application requirement set by the Company was not met.
- ⑤Certified members can freely use the authentication service, but they must not perform any of the following actions:
- 1.To access the system or use the authentication service in an abnormal way not determined by the Company;
- 2.To use the authentication service for illegal or unjustifiable purposes, such as issuing or implementing certificates improperly
- ⑥The Company may restrict all or part of the use of certificates issued to certified members and immediately revoke certificates without certified members' consent in any of the following cases:
- 1.Where the availability period of the certificate has passed;
- 2.Where a certified member failed to enter a valid certificate password;
- 3.Where the KakaoTalk phone number registered with a certified member's KakaoAccount was changed;
- 4.Where identity verification or electronic transaction is impossible due to the death or arrest of a certified member;
- 5.Where it was confirmed that the CI received from the identity verification agency through the signup process for the authentication service was no longer valid due to changes in nationality, gender, etc.;
- 6.Where the Company must restrict the use of already issued certificates for security reasons such as security procedures related to authentication services or leakage of certified members' digital signature generation information;
- 7.Where a war, incident, natural disaster, or equivalent emergency occurs or may occur;
- 8.Where a certification loss is reported through the Company's customer service;
- 9.Where the Company determines that a certified member violated or is likely to violate its service use policy, such as these Terms and Conditions and Operation Policy, including a case that the Company recognizes that a certified member's certificate was used illegally; and/or
- 10.Where there are other risks of impairing the safety and reliability of authentication services.
- ⑦The Company shall bear no responsibility for transactions between certified members and user organizations that use a certificate. Moreover, the Company shall not be held liable for damages caused by reasons attributable to certified members and user organizations if there is no cause imputable to the Company.
- ⑧Except as otherwise provided for in this section, detailed matters related to the authentication service shall be governed by the relevant laws and regulations, including the Electronic Signature Act and digital signature authentication standards separately set by the Company. In addition, The Company shall guide members through authentication service notifications and customer center Help pages.
Chapter 4. Obligation of Contracting PartiesArticle 12. Member Obligations
- ①The Members must perform none of the following activities in use of the Service.
- 1.Enter false fact while applying or modifying the Service Use; appropriate or unjustifiably use other Member's Kakao Account and Password; use other's name; or conduct SMS verification without consent of a registered person
- 2.Defame or injure other's reputation
- 3.Upload lewd materials on the bulletin board and/or connect (link) harmful sites
- 4.Violate other rights of the Company or a third party including copyright
- 5.Disseminate to others any information, sentence, figure, or voice against public order and/or good morals and manners
- 6.Register or circulate computer viruses to cause malfunction of equipment, and/or destroy and disrupt information related to the Kakao Account Service
- 7.Transmit any information, in bad faith, that can interfere or impede a stable Service operation, or any commercial information or Spam Mails against recipient's explicit refusal of reception
- 8.Copy, alter, distribute, sell, transfer, lend, secure or allow others to use the Service or part of software thereof without the Company's consent; and/or copy, disassemble, imitate or transform the Service including reverse-engineering of software or any attempt to extract source code
- 9.Personate a false identity of other person and/or misrepresent the relationship with other person
- 10.Collect, store and/or disclose other Member's personal information
- 11.Circulate false information to provide oneself or others with proprietary benefits, or to damage others
- 12.Circulate any information to arrange prostitution or mediate lewd acts
- 13.Interfere other's daily life by having utterance, sound, writing or video clip that arouses shame, revulsion or fear continuously reached to the aforementioned other person
- 14.Transmit or publish any information (including computer program) prohibited by the relevant laws and regulations
- 15.Upload a post, or transmit email or KakaoTalk message by disguising or personating any officer or administrator of the Company or Partners, or appropriating other's name
- 16.Post any material that contains software virus, other computer code, file or program designed to disrupt or destroy normal operation of computer software, hardware, and electronic communication devices; and/or transmit the foregoing via email or KakaoTalk message
- 17.Other Illegal Act
- ②Members shall neither transfer nor grant their rights to use and legal status hereby, nor impignorate the foregoing rights and status.
- ③If you fail to abide by relevant laws and regulations, all Terms and Conditions and/or Policies of the Company, your contravention may be investigated, use of the Service may be temporarily or continuously suspended, and re-subscription may be restricted by the Company. If you adversely affect the provision of Services or severely interfere with the stable operation of Services by causing malfunction of equipment or by destroying or creating disorder in the system, the Company may restrict you from using your account. However, you can appeal through Customer Service if you are dissatisfied with the imposed restriction.
- ④Members can refer to Kakao Operation Policy for any matters prescribed herein and/or other details about use of the Service.
Communication with the Members is most valued by the Company. The Members can visit Customer Center and raise their opinions at any time. Notification for all Members shall come into force by being posted in the Service Notification for no less than seven (7) days. Any notification that may gravely affect your conditions shall be individually sent to your registered email address via email, or to your registered mobile phone number via KakaoTalk message or text message. (Unless any email address has been registered, other electronic methods including electronic note or pop-up message in the Service will be applied.)
Chapter 5. Termination of the ServiceArticle 15. Termination of the Service
- ①The Members can apply for the termination of the Service Agreement at any time in use of the menu provided in the Services. The Company will take actions accordingly in a swift manner as prescribed under the relevant laws and regulations.
- ②Provided that there exists no record of signing into or accessing the Service for a certain period of time stipulated in the relevant laws and regulations, the Company may discard or separately store the Member's information after notifying such measures to a registered email address or mobile phone number via email, SMS, KakaoTalk message or any other valid methods. If any essential information to activate the Kakao Account Service lacks thereby, this Service Agreement may be terminated. For further information, please refer to the provision of Inactive Services in the Kakao Operation Policy.
- ④The Members can attempt to re-enter into the Service Agreement, even after termination of the Agreement.
- ①With regard to the Service, the Company must not assure or guarantee any specific matters that are not prescribed in this Terms and Conditions within the scope permitted under the relevant laws and regulations. The Company shall provide no warranty on credibility and accuracy of information, data and fact posted in the Service in a way that the Contents Provider (CP) offer or the Member write, and shall take no responsibility for any loss occurred without the Company's negligence.
- ②The Company will compensate for any loss caused by its negligence under this Terms and Conditions and the relevant laws and regulations; provided, however, that the Company shall take no responsibility for any loss occurred without its negligence as prescribed in the following subparagraphs. Furthermore, the Company shall take no liability for indirect, particular, consequential, disciplinary and punitive loss.
- 1.Any loss occurred in an uncontrollable state including natural disaster or equivalent force majeure
- 2.Service error due to reasons attributable to the Members
- 3.Personal loss arising from access to or use of the Service
- 4.Any loss originated from illegal access to or use of the Company's Server by a third party
- 5.Any loss originated from impeded transmission to or from the Company's Server by a third party
- 6.Any loss originated from transmission or spread of malware by a third party
- 7.Any loss arising from use of the Service by a third party including damage or defamation caused by omission, deletion, destruction, etc. of transmitted data
- 8.Any other loss arising from acts of the Company that are not intentional or negligent
This Terms and Conditions or the Service shall be stipulated and executed under the laws and regulations of the Republic of Korea. In case of any disputes arising out of or related to use of the Service between the Parties concerned, the Company shall faithfully consult with the other Party hereto to resolve such issues. Unless the foregoing conflicts are settled, the Company may file a lawsuit to a competent court under the Civil Procedure Act.
- Notification Date: Nov 1, 2021
- Enforcement Date: Dec 7, 2021