My Kakao Account > You can check Terms and Conditions and Policies that are applicable for the Services in [My Kakao Account > Settings].My Kakao Account
- Terms of Service
- Terms and Conditions of
- Operation Policy
Article 1. (Purpose)
The purpose of this Terms and Conditions of Location-Based Services is to prescribe the rights, obligations and responsibilities and any necessary matters between the Kakao Corporation (hereinafter, the "Company") and subscribers who use the Company's Location-Based Services (hereinafter, the "Subscriber")
Article 2. (Effect and Changes of the Terms and Conditions)
- ①This Term and Conditions shall be effective upon the Subscriber' agreement and registration thereafter as the user of this Service.
- ②The Company may modify the Terms and Conditions to reflect any changes in laws and regulations or Location-Based Services.
- ③If the Terms and Conditions change, the Company shall post at least 7 days' prior notice of such change via its websites or any other notice board pages.
- ④Provided, however, that any modification causes a significant change in users' rights, the Company shall post 30 days' prior notice of such change.
Article 3. (Additional Rules)
Any matters that are not specified in this Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the Act on the Protection, Use, Etc. of Location Information, Telecommunications Business Act, Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection and other relevant laws and regulations and the Company's guiding principles.
Article 4. (Services)
The Company provides the Location-Based Services as below in use of Subscriber's present location information or broader area information encompassing the present location that are collected by itself or provided by location information business operators.
- ①Providing or recommending search results or contents based on location information
- ②Location-sharing, notification by location/area, route guidance for living convenience
- ③Content tagging (Geotagging) to categorize location-based contents)
- ④Location-based customized advertisement
Article 5. (Service Rates)
Any Location-Based Services provided by the Company shall be free of charge.
Provided, however, that any data charge incurred while using wireless service shall be additionally imposed and subject to mobile carriers' policies.
Article 6. (Limitation and Suspension of Service Use)
- ①Unless the Company can maintain the Service due to various conditions or legal reasons including policy change of location-based service provider, all or part of the Service may be restricted, modified or suspended.
- ②Provided, however, that the Service is suspended hereunder, the Company shall post the advance notice via notice board page of the Company website, or directly notify the suspension to users.
Article 7. (Rights of the Personal Location Information Provider)
- ①Users can reserve all or part of their consent to the collection, utilization and provision of their personal location information.
- ②The Subscriber can withdraw all or part of his/her consent to the collection, utilization and provision of personal location information at any time. In this event, the Company shall destroy the personal information within the withdrawn extent, and any data confirming the collection, utilization and provision of location information.
- ③The Subscriber can demand that the Company should temporarily suspend the collection, utilization and/or provision of personal location information. The Company shall not refuse such requests and shall prepare any technical measures for the foregoing.
- ④The Subscriber may request to the Company, the inspection or notification of the following information, and the correction of any errors that the data may contain. In this event, the Company shall not refuse such requests without any justifiable ground.
- 1.Any data that confirms the collection, utilization and provision of the Subscriber's location information
- 2.Reasons and details that the Subscriber's personal location information has been provided to a third party under the Act on the Protection and Use of Location Information, or other relevant laws and regulations.
- ⑤The Subscriber may request to the Company the exercise of his/her rights via the Contact as prescribed in the Article 14 hereof.
Article 8. (Utilization or Provision of Personal Location Information)
- ①If the Company uses any personal location information to provide the Service, the Company must notify such uses and acquire the Provider's approval.
- ②The Company shall not provide personal location information to a third party without the Subscriber's consent. In case of such provision to a third party, the Company shall notify to the Subscriber the information recipient and the purpose of provision.
- ③If the Company provides location information to a third party designated by the Subscriber, the Company shall immediately notify each time to the Subscriber the information recipient, and date and purpose of provision via telecommunications device where such information is collected.
- ④Provided, however, that any case falls under subparagraphs below, notification shall be sent via telecommunications device, email or online notice that has been prespecified by the Subscriber.
- 1.Unless telecommunications device where personal location information was collected incorporates any function to receive text, voice or video.
- 2.If the Subscriber requests, in advance, a notification via email address, online publishing, or any telecommunications devices other than the prespecified device herein.
- ⑤In accordance with the Act on the Protection and Use of Location Information, the Company shall automatically record and store any data that confirms the collection, utilization and provision of personal location information and this data shall be stored for a period of six (6) months.
Article 9. (Rights of Legal Guardian)
With regard to a Subscriber under 14 years old, the Company must gain consent from both the Subscriber and his/her legal guardian to offer the Service and to provide personal location information to a third party. In this event, the legal guardian shall have all rights of Subscriber under the Article 7 hereof.
Article 10. (Rights of Custodians of Children Aged 8 Years or Younger)
- ①If a custodian prescribed in the Article 26(2) of the Act on the Protection and Use of Location Information (the "Custodian") agrees on the use or provision of personal location information to protect life or physical body of children aged 8 years or younger specified as below ("Children Aged 8 Years Or Younger, Etc."), such Children will be deemed to have consented thereto.
- 1.Children aged 8 years or younger
- 2.Incompetent person under the adult guardianship
- 3.Mentally disabled persons that are defined in Article 2.2.2 of the Act on Welfare of Persons with Disabilities and categorized as persons with severe disabilities based on the Act on the Employment Promotion and Vocational Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities (Only those registered as disabled in accordance with Article 32 of the Act on Welfare of Persons with Disabilities)
- ②Any custodian who intends to consent to the use or provision of personal location information for the purpose of protecting life and physical body of children aged 8 years or younger shall submit a written consent with evidentiary documents for his/her custodianship.
- ③Any custodian who has agreed to the use or provision of personal location information of children aged 8 years or younger shall have all rights attributed to those children under the Article 7 hereof.
Article 11. (Compensation for Damages)
If any damage is incurred to the Subscriber due to Company's violation of Article 15 and/or 25 of Act on the Protection and Use of Location Information, the Subscriber can file compensation for damages against the Company. The Company shall avoid no responsibility unless it proves that its actions are by no intention or negligence.
Article 12. (Exemption from Liability)
- ①If the Company is unable to provide the Services due to any case falling under subparagraphs below, the Company shall assume no liability and/or responsibility for any damages.
- 1.Natural disaster or equivalent force majeure
- 2.Any intentional service interruption by a third party that has entered into Service Partnership Agreement with the Company
- 3.Errors that occur during the Service use due to any reasons imputable to the Subscriber
- 4.Any causes that are of no intention or negligence by the Company excluding the cases as prescribed in the Clause 1 or 3 herein.
- ②The Company shall provide no guarantee of credibility and accuracy of the Service, or any information, data or fact posted in the Service, and shall assume no responsibility for any Subscriber's damages caused thereby.
Article 13. (Dispute Settlement)
- ①The Company shall consult with the Subscribers in good faith to settle any disputes related to location information.
- ②If the dispute is not resolved through the aforementioned consultation, the Company and Subscriber can request an arbitration at the Korea Communications Commission under the Article 28 of the Act on the Protection and Use of Location Information, or request an adjustment at the Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee under the Article 43 of the Personal Information Protection Act.
Article 14. (Contacts)
The Company name, address and contacts are as follows:
- Company Name : Kakao Corporation
- CEO : Mason Yeo, Sean Joh
- Address : 242 Cheomdan-ro, Jeju-si, Jeju-do (Youngpyung-dong)
- Phone : +82-1577-3754
AddendaArticle 1. (Enforcement Date)
This Terms and Conditions shall enter into force on November 4, 2019.Article 2. (Location Information Manager)
The Company has appointed Location Information Manager who is in charge of supervising and protecting individual location information and settling user grievances. Location Information Manager is the head of the department that operates Location-Based Services. Name and contacts are as below.
- Name: Kang Sung
- 대표전화 : 1577-3754
- Exclusive Inquiry Board for Location Information: http://cs.daum.net/question/305.html